Today we will introduce some information about the USB interface products, especially the USB data cable
Sinodec Industrial Co., LTD. is a Chinese manufacturer that has produced USB Cable, TWS bluetooth earphone and USB charger adapter for 18 years. Most of our products are exported to foreign countries, especially European and American countries. At the same time, we provide wholesale USB cable, bluetooth earbuds, USB power charger and customized USB type-C cable.
1. How to become a USB member? To
If you want to obtain USB certification, you or your customer (brand company) must have a USB VID (Vendor ID) and obtain the account password of the website for product registration. Apply for Vendor ID URL (https://www.usb.org/getting-vendor-id)
2. How to use USB Logo?
If your company's product has passed the test and got the product TID, you also need to sign a Trademark License Agreement with the USB-IF to use the USB Logo.
3. How to confirm/query products with USB TID?
If you want to inquire/confirm whether you have got a TID product, you can search it in the Integrator List on the USB-IF Association website.
4. The product has passed certification and obtained TID, can I resell it to other manufacturers for use? To
If the following conditions are met, OEM Arrangements can be carried out and resold.
The buyer needs to be a member of the USB Association
The buyer needs to sign the USB-IF Trademark License Agreement
5. If there is a Family Model, what can I do?
USB-IF can apply for QbS (Qualification by Similarity) for specific modifications, please refer to the USB-IF website for the degree of modification
6. What is the duration of the USB Vendor ID (VID)?
The USB VID is valid for life, even if your membership has expired, the VID is still valid
USB4 certification related issues
1. If the product has passed the USB4 certification, does it need to pass the Thunderbolt certification?
If the product is USB4 supporting Thunderbolt compatible, only need to obtain USB4 certification, no need to obtain Thunderbolt 3 certification. However, if you want the product to declare Thunderbolt certification or use the "Thunderbolt 3" logo, you need to obtain Thunderbolt certification separately.
2. Is it necessary to obtain USB4 certification before Thunderbolt 4 certification?
3. Do USB4/TBT3/TBT4 certifications still have to be submitted separately?
The USB4 logo belongs to USB-IF; Thunderbolt3 and Thunderbolt 4 logo belong to Intel. They belong to different organizations, so submit them separately.
4. Can Thunderbolt 3 Compliance pass describe USB 4 Compliance pass?
It's not. TBT3 only tests EV (electricity) and FV (compatibility), but USB4 contains more, please refer to USB4 test items
5. Can GRL teach customers how to do USB4 testing?
can. Please contact GRL email: email@example.com
Product testing related issues
1. Which USB Legacy Connector products can be certified? To
2. Which USB Legacy Cable products can be certified? To
The data wire gauge association of Standard A to Micro B and standard A to Standard B cable must be 28AWG
3. Is there any length limit for USB Legacy Cable certification? To
4. Which USB Type-C to Type-C Cable can be certified and precautions? To
5. Which USB Legacy to Type-C cables can be certified and precautions? To
6. What USB Accessary can be certified and precautions?
*Note: 2.0 C to Micro B Adapter can be used without a cable;
3.2 C to Standard A Gen1 Adapter must be wired
7. Products that can pass USB certification for special cables/architectures?
· Type-Ccable with LED lights
· Tilted Head Type-C cable
· Flat wire/telephone wire
8. Products whose special Connector/architecture cannot pass USB certification?
· Standard A+ Type-C Double Layer Connector
9. What are the preparations for USB Embedded Host testing?
When any product is being tested, it needs to enter the test mode (test mode) before the test can be performed.
1. The recommended way to enter test mode using USB-IF, please refer to the USB-IF page
2. If you don’t use the method suggested by the association, please